Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Bird's-eye view to the whole parade///

Times of late, it seems that I find myself struggling in my times with God. I have had two people in the last week ask how that is going, and one of them just a lovely stranger I met at Starbucks. Another is a good friend and knows me well... and struck the nail precisely on the head. But it seems to me that I am not the only one experiencing a challenge in this area of my life. 

It is so easy to get caught up in what has to be done in life on a daily basis, and a lot of other things demand time and priority. And since God is a gentleman, He never demands that time of us, nor does He tap His foot impatiently when we fail to fulfill those commitments and expectations. In fact, He doesn't even need it. This concept blows my religious thinking, which has been shattering for the last six or so years. 
<br>

Okay, someone might read that and start to get all bent out of shape. Hold on, I am not finished yet, so just hang with me if you can. God is completely sufficient in and of Himself. He doesn't operate in hierarchy like we do, He doesn't have routine structures like we have to have to get anything done, and finally He fulfills, in Himself, every aspect of relationship and doesn't need anyone else to add to that. 

But do you know why He created us then? Because He wanted to share that type of relationship with us. He wanted to create something in His image that would reflect His nature to others in our daily lives and encounters. It wasn't because He was glory-hungry or wanting to be famous, though I think we should make Him famous in a good way; He chose to give love and life to people who would in turn have the choice to walk away, just because He loves us that much. 

When I come into the understanding that all God does is motivated out of love, I have much more of a desire not obligation to seek His face, to know Him. It is not about checking off a to-do list, though every single person will have those days. But He wants us to cultivate our intimate knowledge of His grace, goodness, and bigger picture for our lives. 

So what can I say, in the last half a decade, God has shattered the view in which I perceived Him. I always saw Him as a formidable wizard-ly like figure who operated a giant chess board and we were just pawns, moved around at His whims. In truth though, He gets a bird's-eye view to the whole parade, and to Him I just see it being something He loves to watch. In the midst of that, He invites us to join Him, so that we can see life the way He does. Just join Him, it's a a really great adventure. 


"At the end of all things, 
We do not go to God,
God comes to us."
-Dr. Jeff Myers


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this!

    I'm currently working my way through "Praying for your Husband from Head to Toe" love love loving this (it makes me want to start a "Praying for your Husband" club haha). I'm also about to get a Kelly Minter Bible study. I really like her. I miss my "quite" time, so I'm gonna force it—quiet or not (and generally my house is anything but quiet haha)

    xo,
    Christen
    ChristenKrumm.com

    ReplyDelete