Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sometimes the beginnings are small...

I had an interesting conversation with a friend today about what my journey has been like turning my big, ambiguous, dreams into tangible reality. I have felt like my dreams to be an entrepreneur and writer are pushed to "someday," but I will be rudely awakened when that someday comes and I have done nothing in the meantime. In all honesty, it is hard. 

It is hard to recognize that sometimes the beginnings are small. 
It is hard to recognize that it takes one step at a time.

Over the last few weeks, I have been able to condense the big five-to-ten-year plan into a few bite-sized steps that can be accomplished in a much shorter period of time. The result is so encouraging, and I know that with some action everyday I will get to where I want to be. Ultimately, my heart is to empower young women to know their value and worth, and provide a space that fosters creativity and cultivates meaningful relationships. At this moment, the full picture is yet a little vague, I still don't know the end result. 

According to Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a martyr and pastor in WWII, wrote,
                  "Silence in the face of evil is itself evil, God will not hold us guiltless: 
                                     Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." 
This being said, I cannot wait for the "somedays" to finally arrive while I am sitting on the sidelines. I have to start taking steps toward owning a business and writing, even if only for myself and my family. I do not despise small beginnings, I know that it is a step in the right direction. If I can do something toward my dreams everyday, imagine what I can accomplish in a year or five. That is the goal for now, I accept the challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Although I am not your target audience, I look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete